Check out what we are planning for the fall! We are offering a variety of venues to accommodate for all needs but everything will be for the glory of God and bringing us into a closer relationship with Jesus and each other.
Fall 2020 Events
30 Days of Prayer
30 Days of Kindness
30 Days of Gratitude
30 Days of Giving
30 Days of Kindness Challenge
“Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
Please join us in our 30 Days of Kindness Challenge. We have packages of “Kindness is Contagious” cards in the church for you to share and inspire more acts of kindness.
Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Write a note to a family member – tell them what you appreciate about them.
- Buy flowers to give away and brighten someone’s day.
- Get to know a coworker – take them to lunch, buy them a coffee, ask about their life.
- Leave a kind server a generous tip.
- Bring a treat to a parent who is homeschooling or remote teaching their kids.
- Give something away for free! Have a free garage sale or offer something for free online and see what happens.
- Leave positive notes of encouragement throughout the grocery store.
- Give someone a book (maybe one off your shelf?). Tell them why you like it or why you think they will appreciate it.
- Thank a teacher with a gift card or a note.
- Give a relative a call, just because.
- “Chalk the walk” with words of kindness and encouragement.
- Pay it forward – at a coffee shop, gas station, grocery store, etc.
- Text 10 people words of kindness today.
- Let someone go ahead of you in line.
- Do something kind for God’s creation – plant a tree, pick up trash, ride your bike instead of driving.
- Give a stranger a compliment.
- Ask a senior citizen about their life story and life lessons.
- Prepare some “kindness bags” to share with anyone you see asking for help. Helpful items might be snacks, hand sanitizer, hand warmers, socks, gloves, bottled water.
- Volunteer for a new ministry at the church – family, media, technology, care team, etc. Or ask if there is a project that needs a helping hand.
- Offer to tutor a struggling student.
- Drop off cookies (home baked is the best) at a neighbor or friend’s house.
- Don’t eat lunch alone – call a friend or make a new friend.
- Be kind to yourself today – “Treat Yo-self” to something you love!
- Leave a sticky note with a note of encouragement on a public bathroom mirror.
- Rake leaves for a neighbor.
- Offer to walk someone’s dog – or walk with them.
- Spread positivity – for a whole day refrain from saying anything negative.
- Offer to babysit for a stressed out family.
- Leave money on a vending machine or parking meter for someone.
- Smile at everyone, all day! (even under your face mask, they will know)