"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." ~Matthew 6:21
Connection Group Questions
As we wrap up the Divine Direction series feel free to review the seven decisions: Connect, Start, Stop, Stay, Go, Serve, Give. Which one(s) have been most relevant in this season of your life?
Read Matthew 6:19-21
- Are you more naturally wired to be a giver, saver or spender?
- Are you balanced, or is one area out of control?
- According to this passage we can decide where to direct our heart by deciding where to direct our treasures.
- Thinking about money, how have you experienced this 'treasure/heart" effect?
- Have you experienced this with people, with your possession, with giving to the church?
Getting Practical: 3 Easy Steps to Giving
- “You need be knowing where your money is going!”
Track your spending, every cent, for one month. Create a budget. Get an advisor if you need help.
- “The D Word”: Debt
Decide to get out of debt starting TODAY! Read Proverbs 22:7. Start paying down your debts, smallest to biggest.
- “The G Word”: Giving
Don't wait to be generous. Start now. Decide that God is worth honoring, and eternity is worth investing your “First Fruits.” And remember: Give. Save. Live. Start this TODAY and save yourself a multitude of worry and trouble.