Anger vs. Acceptance
Worship songs: Every Beat, Raise A Hallelujah, Build My Life, How Deep The Father’s Love For Us
"But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips." ~ Colossians 3:8
- Symbolized by the color red and the
- Only one letter away from “danger"
- Is most often rooted in fear and the pain of loss
- Alleviated by acceptance, meekness and forgiveness
- Can be a constructive and motivating virtue, i.e. “Righteous Indignation”
Connection Group Questions:
If you could have any superpower what would it be, and why? Is anyone willing to admit to a moment when you went "full Hulk" on someone or a situation?
Read Ephesians 4:25-32. Some people bottle-up, others blow-up. Have you ever made yourself sick with anger? Did you ever blow up and NOT regret it? Does the devil have a foothold in your life due to anger? Can you think of a time when you had righteous anger and it motivated you to do something great for God? What will you do to get rid of all anger, malice, bitterness or rage? (Eph. 4:31, Col. 3:8). Do you need to accept something that can't be changed or forgive someone/thing to move past the poison of anger?