Associate Worship Pastor (Part Time)
The part-time Associate Worship Pastor for Connections Church is responsible for leading and growing our worship team. The Associate Worship Pastor will work with the Senior Pastor of Preaching and Teaching and staff in leading a team of musicians and supporting positions that leads our church in worship.
Status: Part-time. This position is currently approved for 10 hours a week. (2022)
- Proficiency to lead worship both vocally and with a guitar and/or keyboard.
- Coordinate volunteers for Sunday programs: band, audio and media (using Planning Center)
- Coordinate services and series with Senior Pastor of Preaching and Teaching
- Prepare songs with team for worship and media
- Maintain a record of all music purchased and files for CCLI (Christian Copyright Licensing Int’l)
- Maintenance of worship space and technology
- Recruit and train new volunteers
- Oversee worship budget
- Participate in staff meetings and hold regular office hours, as appropriate
Associate Worship Pastor Secondary Duties
- Tend to the spiritual needs and faith formation of worship team (pastoral care) and congregation as appropriate
- In addition to active participation in weekly staff meetings, the Associate Worship Pastor will meet quarterly with the Senior Pastor of Preaching and Teaching and a member of Connections Church Board as well as provide a written report to the Board
- A demonstrated Christian faith and commitment to the vision Connections Church and the Reformed tradition
- Demonstrated experience in church ministry and leading worship
- Proficient in playing guitar and/or piano with the ability to lead while playing
- Ability to train and nurture other musicians
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, visual media and video projection (see below)
- Respect for all styles and genres of worship music; ability to blend new and old styles
- Commitment to ongoing personal, spiritual and professional growth
- An undergraduate or associates degree from an accredited school is preferred.
Competent in the following programs:
- Planning Center (scheduling, charts and sequences for songs, etc.)
- Song Select CCLI
- Praise Charts
Connections Current Equipment:
- Berhinger X32 Console and Berhinger P16 In Ear Monitor System
- Das Light
- E-cam Live
• The primary work location will be at the physical facility of Connections Church located at 2121 E. Dad
Clark Drive, Highlands Ranch, CO at times agreed upon with the employee’s supervisor.
• The position requires physical capabilities to perform activities required in an active ministry
• Office hours are required as agreed with the employee’s supervisor; however, work may be performed at
home when it is conducive (e.g., certain material preparation time, coordinating volunteers).
• All supplies will be provided by Connections Church.
Expected hours and time entry:
• Average of up to 10 hours per week
• Employee will provide time cards and other employment information as requested by the church Finance