Connection Group Questions May 2
Series: Signs of Belonging
Message: Follow God – The G.P.S. Rules
17 When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, “If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt.” 18 So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea. The Israelites went up out of Egypt ready for battle.
~ Exodus 13:17-18
- Have you ever felt so lost that you don’t know how to make any decisions in your life?
- Whom do you usually go for your counsel? God, pastor, parents, spouse, friends, therapist?
- If you have all the options for your decisions, do you prefer to take the shortest and easiest way or the longest and the most challenging way to solve your problem?
20 After leaving Sukkoth they camped at Etham on the edge of the desert. 21 By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night. 22 Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people.
- Do you believe God is with you the entire time when you are facing difficulties in you lives? Please think about any recent difficulties that you are facing.
- What is your real feeling when you fece difficulties? Overwhelmed, tired, angry, hopeful, want to give up, etc
- Have you experienced God’s guidance when you are facing difficulties? What was your experience? Was it easy or challenging?
- Do you believe that God is with you when you are life is in chaos? Or do you feel that you have to deal with it and move on?
19 Then the angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel’s army, withdrew and went behind them. The pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them, 20 coming between the armies of Egypt and Israel. Throughout the night the cloud brought darkness to the one side and light to the other side; so neither went near the other all night long.
- Have you had the experience to be protected by God? How did God protect you?
- What do you expect God to do for your when you are facing temptation, unexpected events in lives, etc?
36 In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out; 37 but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out—until the day it lifted. 38 So the cloud of the Lord was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the Israelites during all their travels.
- Are you good in following direction? Or do you find it is challenging to follow direction?
- What is the level of you being patience when facing with uncertainties? 1 is the least and 10 the most patience.
- Do you allow God to be in control of your life? Why and why not? Is it difficult or easy for you to surrender to God?